Sunday, July 17, 2011

Daughter And Dad: Strong Ties And Big Questions

Video link: http://www.npr.org/2011/07/01/137504442/daughter-and-dad-strong-ties-and-big-questions

Bob and his wife adopted their daughter, Aimee, from China when she was a baby. Now 14, Aimee has many questions about how her parents met, and why they decided to adopt. She spoke with her father recently to get the answers. Her father told she, they met in Sept,14,1984, and he  was protecting his wife from the dinosaurs. Then Bob told Aimee :"Mommy had a ectopic pregnancy, which means the pregnancy was in the tubes. After that, she couldn't get pregnant. "  In the end, Bob said :"I want to tell you something. You have absolutely changed my life,  and I am so pleased that you're part of my life. I just love you so much."


I listen it about 10 minutes.

Vocabulary :
1. Dinosaurs (noun):   any of a group (Dinosauria) of extinct often very large chiefly terrestrial carnivorous or herbivorous reptiles of the Mesozoic era
EX: The old factory is now a rusting dinosaur.
2. Ectopic pregnancy (noun):  development of a fertilized egg elsewhere than in the uterus (as in a fallopian tube or the peritoneal cavity)
3. Tubes (noun):  any of various usually cylindrical structures or devices
EX: She was breathing oxygen through a tube.

3 comments:

  1. so now you know what does dinosaur mean. do you know who is their "child", one kind of them????

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so nice story. actually my aunt, who is my mom's friend, also adopted her son. so i always have interested about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jisoo : oh yours is same with mine ~ Also your summary is better than me ~

    ReplyDelete